MUN inc. Pte Ltd UEN No. 201435178E, a company incorporated in the Republic of Singapore (“MUN inc.”), which includes its subsidiary companies, is aware that users who visit this website or provide
information may wish to be informed about how their personal data and the information provided, such as but not limited to name, contact details, date of birth, academic background etc. (“Data”) are used.
By signing up for our educational services, products and related activities, you are consenting to the collection of Data and Data-related practices provided for by this Policy. This Policy is subject to modification by MUN inc., and we reserve the right to make any such modification. We will, of course notify users of such changes through announcements made through our Newsroom which can be accessed here. This channel of communication provides our users with sufficient notice, as well as an opportunity to familiarize themselves with our Policy.
The terms of this Policy are without prejudice to any contractual terms which you may have separately entered into with us. Those contractual terms and obligations created shall prevail over the terms of this Policy.
1. MUN inc. does not collect nor process Data except when voluntarily provided by you. We strive to ensure compliance by our staff and to adhere to standards of security and confidentiality when processing Data provided by our users, in keeping with the governing laws of Singapore.
2. MUN inc. will also never sell, rent, share, otherwise distribute or make available your Data to third parties outside of our group of companies, except when required to do so for regulatory or legal purposes. Data may however occasionally be transferred to third parties who act on for, or on behalf of MUN inc.. These include but are not limited to other educational institutions, testing and/or other learning providers, third party contractors who carry out work on behalf of MUN inc.. You will in such instances of course be duly notified of any such transfer. These third parties will maintain the same
privacy pledge as MUN inc. as we will contractually require them to process Data transferred only for the purposes authorized by you, on a confidential and secure basis.
Intended Use of Data
3. MUN inc. collects and processes Data only for specific purposes such as but not limited to, providing you with information on our products and services, to notify you of changes to our Policy, billing purposes, product and/or service requests, or to communicate generally with our users. We may however use such Data for marketing purposes so as to keep our users informed of the latest educational products, services and trends. Furthermore, we may also use your Data to evaluate the effectiveness of, and to improve our services to users as well as for our own internal evaluation and statistics. Ultimately, we wish to deliver quality services to our users as well as clients. By submitting your Data, you expressly consent to such use.
4. MUN inc. keeps Data only for as long as is reasonably required for the above purposes and in accordance with any applicable laws, ethical reporting standards or best industry practices. Most of our services do not require registration, which allows our users to visit our website anonymously.
Right to Update and Delete
5. All our users have the right to update or delete their Data, and we endeavour to ensure that such Data remains updated. Should you wish to update, correct or delete any such Data provided to us, please drop us an email at email@example.com. Kindly allow us 3 – 5 working days to process your request.
6. Do however note that while it is entirely voluntary for you to provide us with your Data, failure to do so or requests for Data to be deleted, may result in us being unable to process your request, provide educational products and/or services to you, or keep you updated with the latest information.
Security & Confidentiality
7. MUN inc. undertakes to take all reasonable steps in order to ensure that your Data is not seen or obtained by third parties other than those who act for, or on our behalf and who have agreed to treat your Data with the same degree of confidentiality and security as we do. Access to your Data by our employees is similarly restricted to a needs basis, and only by those who have been trained to observe strict standards of confidentiality in handling Data and Data protection.
8. While we endeavour to ensure the reliability and security of our internal systems, both electronic and otherwise, please be aware that the Internet is not a completely secure digital environment. Therefore, the security and confidentiality of Data provided by you cannot in every circumstance be guaranteed by MUN inc.. Accordingly, we cannot be held responsible, or liable for the security of your Data whilst in transit via the Internet or any other electronic communication systems used by or to us. All Data provided is kept secure and confidential to the best of our ability. Your continued use of our website hereby acknowledges and accepts that MUN inc. cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of your transmission.
9. MUN inc. is incorporated and based in Singapore, however as part of its efforts to promote global citizenship and regional growth of the education sector in Asia, it has numerous partners and conducts operations in different jurisdictions. As such, MUN inc. may from time to time be required to transfer your Data to one of its databases, subsidiary companies or partners, who have agreed to keep secure and confidential the Data you have provided to us, in the same manner which we do.
10. In the unlikely event that the level of privacy protection offered by a country does not comply with internationally recognized standards, we will ensure that any Data transferred to such a database, subsidiary company or partner will be protected by the same standards upheld by MUN inc., or not be transferred at all. By submitting your Data, you expressly agree to this possible transfer and any actual transfers which materialize as a result of you consenting to this Policy.
11. If you are interested in applying for a career with MUN inc., you may provide us with your Curriculum Vitae (“CV”) accompanied with the relevant supporting documents. We will then match your qualifications and experience to the position which you have applied for, or any other current opportunity available. If your application corresponds to any such requirements, we will be in contact with you within 5 – 10 working days.
12. By submitting your application, CV and supporting documents, you agree that we may retain them for a reasonable period, after which it will be deleted unless you have specifically requested for us to keep them on file. By applying for a position, you are consenting to have your CV, supporting documents and data used to process your career application. We in exchange, undertake to use such documents and data only in relation to your career opportunities.
13. Although most of the Data and information which we collect from our website is anonymous, MUN inc. reserves the right to make use of 21st century technology such as tracking or “cookie” technology to gather information anonymously. This technology in and of itself cannot be used to discover the identity of the user, which ensures your confidentiality and privacy, but a “cookie” may be sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s internal memory or hard drive. You may of course remove a “cookie” by simply clearing your computer’s Internet history or cache.
Data and Children
14. In order to respect the privacy of children and to comply with the laws designed to protect children under the age of 18, MUN inc. will not knowingly use or disclose Data from persons below the above mentioned age, without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility such as but not limited to a parent or legal guardian. Although our website and educational products and services are catered to children below 18, we ask that parents supervise their children while online so as to assist us in complying with such standards.
Links to other Websites and/or Mobile Applications
15. In an increasingly digitized age, and as a value-added service to our users, our website may provide hyperlinks to other websites and/or mobile applications which are not owned, operated or controlled by MUN inc.. In select instances, while a company may be a subsidiary of MUN inc., we do not always maintain the content of that particular website. As such, we cannot be responsible or held liable for content hosted on, or found on such websites or mobile applications. By accessing these websites and/or mobile applications, the user should take all caution in referring to privacy policies maintained by such third parties, which may be different from ours. We encourage you to review and understand their privacy and security practices before furnishing them with Data.
16. As a learning provider which prides itself on a diverse and multilingual team, MUN inc. is proud to offer translations of this Policy in languages other than English. However, in the unlikely event of inconsistencies between English and other versions of this Policy, the English version shall always prevail.
17. Should you have any questions, or complaints about this Policy and/or our compliance with it, do not hesitate to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly allow us 3 – 5 working days to revert to you with a reply but you can rest assured knowing that we are constantly doing our best to improve and ensure the protection, as well as security of the Data you provide us.